USSSA fastpitch rules
FayRo Charity Classic
LOCAL TOURNAMENT RULES
(2) Each game will be played with a time limit of 70 minutes. Games will begin at the times posted. Line-ups must be submitted to the official scorekeeper at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled game time. As a courtesy to the announcing crew in each box, please provide complete names (with pronunciation assistance, if needed), positions, and numbers. Each coach is responsible for having his/her team ready to play at game time.
(3) All games will be called if a team is ahead by 12 runs or more after 3 innings, 10 runs or more after 4 innings, or 8 runs or more after 5 innings.
(4) Under sanctioned NIT rules, there is no per-inning “run rule” limit in force for either the 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, or 18U games.
(5) Each team must supply one optic yellow ball to the home plate umpire at the beginning of each game. The balls must have a .47 COR. Each ball shall be marked with the name of the supplying team. Any official logo is allowed. A pitcher may pitch a ball supplied by her team as long as the opposing club is satisfied with the new or nearly new condition of the ball. All teams need to have a second acceptable ball ready for emergency use. 10U will use 11-inch softballs; 12U, 14U, 16U, and 18U will use 12-inch softballs. Game balls will be returned.
(6) USSSA rules will govern rosters and batting line-ups for 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, and 18U.
(7) All players on a team must have a numbered shirt or jersey of the same or similar color. Players must remove all earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces, and rigid headbands.
(8) Any player who is disqualified must sit out the remainder of the current game. Any coach or player who is ejected must sit out the remainder of the current game and the next scheduled game. Any coach ejected from two games must leave the park area.
(9) Each coach is directly responsible for controlling the fans of her/his team. Umpires will give the coach one warning. If, in the sole opinion of the home plate umpire, the warned team’s fans continue to be unruly or threatening, then the umpire is required to declare a forfeit by the offending team. Security personnel will be on site for the safety of all tournament patrons.
(10) No team should warm-up in proximity to the stands. There are ample warm-up areas around the park and adjacent school (in the case of Gary Hampton Park). Also, no soft-toss screen-hitting is allowed in any park. These measures are for the safety of all tournament patrons.
(11) Teams that are not registered with USSSA must register at the park during sign-in. The registration fee is $20. You will then be sanctioned for the FayRo Charity Classic tournament and USSSA will provide an official registration card soon thereafter by mail.
10U Rules Addendum
(1) The “infield fly” rule is in effect.
(2) A batter may not advance to first base on a third-strike passed ball, but the ball is still alive and all others runners can advance.
(3) There is stealing of home.
(4) There is no base limit on over-thrown/passed balls.